The Remembrance Day EGP is a charitable program sponsored by the Forestville RSL sub-Branch, the purpose of which is to provide financial assistance to eligible applicants who are entering Year 7 or University in the year following the closing of applications.
The grants are valued $2,000. It is expected that the grants will be spent on school uniforms and/or computer equipment to assist in the cost of transitioning from primary school to high school or from high school to University.
An eligible applicant for the Remembrance Day EGP may be defined as:
- the child of a serving ADF member living and schooling within the Forestville RSL sub-Branch geographic area (contained within the postcodes of 2084 (but excluding Cottage Point), 2085, 2086 2087 or 2100 (but excluding Brookvale, North Manly and Warringah Mall); or
- the child of the family of a Service member of the Forestville RSL sub-Branch (whether the Service member is living or deceased) living and schooling within the Forestville RSL sub-Branch geographic area; or
- the child of the family of a Service member of any RSL sub-Branch (whether the Service member is living or deceased) living and schooling within the Forestville RSL sub-Branch geographic area; and
- the child is entering Year 7 of High School the year after the application is made
- the child is currently in Year 12 of High School and planning to attend University in 2024
a. confirm they have been offered a University place in 2024 following the release of HSC results.
b. be prepared to deliver the talk to the sub-Branch General meeting on the evening of 7th February 2024
Family of a Service member of the Forestville RSL sub-Branch or any RSL sub-Branch includes the children; grand-children; or, the direct descendants of the Service member.
The onus is on the applicant to provide evidence of their eligibility for the grant however the following maybe useful:
- To obtain evidence of ADF Service visit www.defence.gov.au/records/exservice
- To obtain evidence of UK Service visit www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
- To obtain evidence of NZ Service visit www.nzdf.mil.nz/nzdf/personnel-archives-and-medals/
Researching RSL records
There is no central pool of RSL Service membership. To obtain evidence of membership of the Forestville RSL sub-Branch contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements applicants need to:
- submit by hand, post or email by 9th November a written 500-word biography on their ancestor, which includes a short outline of their military service, and
- prepare a three-minute talk to be delivered to the Grant organising sub-committee on 25th November.
- Thereafter, be prepared to deliver the talk to the sub-Branch General Meeting, held on the evening of 1st December at the Forest RSL Club.
Download the EGP Year 6 APPLICATION FORM here.
Download the EGP Year 12 APPLICATION FORM here.
Both forms need to be completed by the applicant and submitted with their written biography.